Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spanish rider
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

Easy question:

I've just ordered a Mavic XC 717 (for v-brake): Does it have a big valve-stem hole (scrader) or small (presta)?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I was told (and proven with my latest builds) that all 717 are drilled for schrader but have an insert to size down to the presta. My initial reaction was, "waaaah" but that that changed after it proved itself worthy.

·
Spanish rider
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
msiddens said:
I was told (and proven with my latest builds) that all 717 are drilled for schrader but have an insert to size down to the presta. My initial reaction was, "waaaah" but that that changed after it proved itself worthy.
That's good, the 117 also came with that plastic insert (never used it) :thumbsup:

·
earth surfer
109 Posts
msiddens said:
Yep, My '04 717 discs also have the plastic insert as well. Thoughtful design on Mavic's part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.