Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Bigger is better!
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chainreactioncycles have both these rims, but are they the same as the ones speedgoat have? or are the rims on CRC road rims of some kind? reason i wonder is that they are soo much cheaper on chainreactioncycles..

CRC:
719A: $39
319A: $28

'goat:
719A: $70
317A: $75

· Registered
66 Posts
The 719 and 319 are both classed as touring rims.
But then most 29er rims are as they are just 700c road rims.
I've ran 719s all year with no problems and the wheels came on the second hand bike which was 8months old as well.
I would have bought another one for a new wheel but there seems to be a shortage of 32h rims in the UK so I've bought a DT Swiss TK 7.1 which seems very similar weight wise.

· Registered
28 Posts
langen said:
jupp :)

mavic is a french brand, so i guess it makes kinda sense why the rims are a little cheaper in a european webshop. but so much cheaper? better buy some before they run out :cool:
It is a mistake I would say. Their Euro price is 36.94 and the dollar is $39.11 so they obviously have some input error. Look at some of the other rims and the difference is more like 2-1 which would be about right.

· Registered
702 Posts
Hmm... Sterling price was £24.99 for A719, my currency converter put that at $43. Still a good price. But you'll have to pay international shipping, and duty, and probably a pretty hefty handling charge. So it may not work out much cheaper.

· Bigger is better!
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LJintheUK said:
Hmm... Sterling price was £24.99 for A719, my currency converter put that at $43. Still a good price. But you'll have to pay international shipping, and duty, and probably a pretty hefty handling charge. So it may not work out much cheaper.
since i live outside the UK (norway), i get tax-free shopping at CRC :D (probably the explanation as to why i get 719A at $39 instead of $43)

so - compared to buying the 719A at speedgoat, CRC will be a whole lot cheaper.

· Registered
702 Posts
langen said:
since i live outside the UK (norway), i get tax-free shopping at CRC :D (probably the explanation as to why i get 719A at $39 instead of $43)

so - compared to buying the 719A at speedgoat, CRC will be a whole lot cheaper.[/QUOTE
Ahh, as you gave the dollar price I thought you were in the US. It's definitely a good deal for you then.
I think I may get a few 719s as they are a really good rim and I haven't seen them cheaper.]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.