Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was wondering if any clyds is using this rim, I'm thinking about getting it or the Sun Rynho light. Ive heard the Suns are a pain in the arse to change a flat. Im pushing 235 lbs now. Any input would be great.
 

·
Slow and steady
Joined
·
503 Posts
I assume you're talking about the "old" 219 rim which has been renamed to I think the 729. 219s are disk only, if you need rim brakes try to find some old Mavic 521s on closeout.

Yeah, the Rhyno's are a PITA to change tires on. I have F219s on my bike and haven't needed to true them in 2 years. Speedgoat builds a sweet wheel. I'm 220 without gear and had them built with DT Comp 14/15 spokes front and non-drive read. DT Alpine spokes drive side rear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Tony said:
I assume you're talking about the "old" 219 rim which has been renamed to I think the 729.
.
I'm reasonably certain that the old F219 is now the XM321, not the 729, for whatever that is worth. I just bought one last week.

John
 

·
Feeding your addiction
Joined
·
2,648 Posts
papajohn said:
I'm reasonably certain that the old F219 is now the XM321, not the 729, for whatever that is worth. I just bought one last week.

John
Yep, that's correct.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
 

·
not so super...
Joined
·
11,466 Posts
Crusher said:
Just was wondering if any clyds is using this rim, I'm thinking about getting it or the Sun Rynho light. Ive heard the Suns are a pain in the arse to change a flat. Im pushing 235 lbs now. Any input would be great.
I'm currently on the XM321 and previously on F219. They are a great rim for mid-heavy weight use. The only reason I swithed was to have new wheels built when I got my Kings and the F219 was not available. I hit the scales at 215lbs and have used them for everything from trail riding to DH racing. The are the same rim so if you can find a deal on the older F219's get them!
 

·
Chilling out
Joined
·
6,033 Posts
I'm definitely a Clyde and definitely ride tough-on-the-equipment trails, I've got an F219 on a CK hub front wheel with over 3k miles on it and still straight and true. The rear wheel is currently a matching CK hub with the XM321 ... had some b-a-d pinch-flat inducing rock-hits a bit over a year and a half ago when I had an F219 on the back and I finally got tired of the not-quite true, not-quite round wheel and got it changed out.

I've got 'em built up 32-spoke, double-butted spokes, all goodness for me. Could be lighter, but I'm not sure I care.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top