Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Candlestick Maker
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an SC32 for a good price. Do I need the 29er spacers installed when running an Endo?

Thanks,

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yes you should because a 26'' wheel with an Endo is actually close to 29''. I just measured mine and it is about 28 3/4'' on my Echo 46mm rim. I put them in on my DUC32 so the tire wouldn't rub when the fork is fully compressed. They aren't very expensive and not too hard to put in, also it is for your own safety so you don't go over the bars at speed.

·
Candlestick Maker
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nolan17 said:
Yes you should because a 26'' wheel with an Endo is actually close to 29''. I just measured mine and it is about 28 3/4'' on my Echo 46mm rim. I put them in on my DUC32 so the tire wouldn't rub when the fork is fully compressed. They aren't very expensive and not too hard to put in, also it is for your own safety so you don't go over the bars at speed.
Cool. The fork I bought already has them installed, so it looks like I'm set. Thanks!

·
Candlestick Maker
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dr Feelygood ! said:
Good Result :thumbsup:
Yeah. Actually, your ebay heads-up regarding the hub the other day is what enabled me to find and pick up a new SC32 for $228.51! Sweet! Now, I need to be patient and pick up a wheel/hub for cheap.

·
A Surly Maverick
2,698 Posts
baker said:
Yeah. Actually, your ebay heads-up regarding the hub the other day is what enabled me to find and pick up a new SC32 for $228.51! Sweet! Now, I need to be patient and pick up a wheel/hub for cheap.
Hey that`s great! Excellent price too :)

Mav hubs do come up quite a bit, often as built 26er wheels.

Putting this fork on a Fatbike really does `step it up` in the FUN factor.

·
Candlestick Maker
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are a couple pics of the Maverick SC32 and Endomorph on my Inbred. Quite a lotta clearance. Haven't had a chance to try the combo out for real, as I just had knee surgery yesterday. Hopefully within a day or two I can get out for a spin.

BTW, I picked up a used downhill wheelset with the Maverick front hub laced to a Mavic EX729 and a rear DT Onyx laced to a Mavic D321. Only 122 shipped and the wheelset appears to be in good condition.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'm currently using the SC32 w/ 29er kit on my fat-bike (symetrical custom frame of Easton alluminum). Alot of people say you don't need ft. suspensoin on a fat-bike. That may be true in snow or packed up on a tour, but for all around dirt and "Dune-Bikin' I sure love mine ! Dune surfaces are extreamly random; holes,dropoffs,ledges,etc... come out of nowhere and if the sun is bright can be hard to see (especialy if your gaukin' at the scenery). I'm convinced mine has saved me a few trips over the handlebars. And for rocky jeep trails....Love it!

·
A Surly Maverick
2,698 Posts
Baker, another good result on the wheelset :thumbsup:

I have never felt the urge to go back to a rigid fork since I got the Mav on.
I agree with Ward, it has saved my a$$ on more than one occasion, and improves the sand biking experience significantley. :)

·
Candlestick Maker
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dr Feelygood ! said:
Baker, another good result on the wheelset :thumbsup:

I have never felt the urge to go back to a rigid fork since I got the Mav on.
I agree with Ward, it has saved my a$$ on more than one occasion, and improves the sand biking experience significantley. :)
I'm expecting the fork to significantly help with tracked/refrozen snow. My lame elbows don't do so well with rigid on that kind of surface.

Plus, the fork will make year round riding thru technical rocky terrain more fun and sustainable for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts