Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read here that the Maverick SC 32 can be converted from 26 to 29 inches. Can you run that fork, when converted on a 69 conversion bike? Does it lift the front end too much? I'm running a rigid 69 setup now and I'm considering buying one of these forks now for possible later use on a full 29 inch bike. Would another fork (White Brothers?) also make this transition?

·
Registered
240 Posts
don't know about the suc32, but the DUC32 can be converted. you go from 6 inches of travel down to 4. guys i ride with that run this setup rave about it. stiff, light and plush. only problem right now, the DUC32's are hard to come by. you really have to beat the bushes to find one. rumor is they are going to start ramping up production now that maverick has been bought by spot.

·
Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
1,630 Posts
buy the 29er kit...

The kit will convert either the SC or DUC to a 29" compatible fork.
http://www.maverickbike.com/main/do/products/productID/19

However, you will be jacking your front end up quite a bit with a 29" wheel, not to mention slackening your head and seat angles. I am not certain, but iirc, the SC32 is also a pretty long fork (517mm AC) relative to it's 115mm of travel.

That's the same length (517mm) as the White Brothers Fluid 130 650B fork. Good luck with the conversion, let's see some pics when your done! :thumbsup:

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
The DUC32 is probably a better choice for a 69'er setup. It has one of the lowest axle to crown heights while still providing a full 4.5" of travel set for running a 29" front. We built a 69'er ML8 at our shop, and I was very impressed with this setup using the DUC32.

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maverick says 495 mm.

With a 495 mm atc measurement and some sag (say 30 mm) this puts the fork about 20 mm longer than my carbon fork. Too high? I see some of the 350B people on the board using this fork on 27.5 bikes. So, if my carbon fork sits at 445 mm with a 29 inch front does that mean the maverick fork will sit at about the same height with a 650B?

I had never heard of 650 B before reading about them on this site (and it seems like ALOT of the enthusiasm is going that way rather than 29er). I think I will have to have a wheel built for the Maverick hub anyway, so I don't think the 650B would cost more on a part-for-part basis.

I guess you are pretty sold on the 650B?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't so much need the long travel but

I think the SC 32 has a lower crown height than the DUC. I am also interested in the Mav forks because I can use it on a 69 bike and later on a full 29er if I make that switch later.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Different Geometry?

How much did the fork raise your rig? What wheels are you running?

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
A-to-C

gthcarolina said:
I think the SC 32 has a lower crown height than the DUC. I am also interested in the Mav forks because I can use it on a 69 bike and later on a full 29er if I make that switch later.
I thought the DUC32 had the same or lower A-to-C when set at the same travel, but I'm not positive. The SC32 is a fairly noodly fork IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.