Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, looking for some advice on a new set of rims for an 07 Maverick Matic. Last summer was my first on the bike and I trashed a set of Mavic 717discs. I ride in upstate NY and the surrounding area, so its mainly a lot of rocks with 3-4' drops occasionally. This summer I hope to use the bike for some light downhill and super d as well.

I would just like to rebuild around the hubs I have already (24-7 maverick). I would like something comparable in weight to the 717's but I also want them to last for longer than a year so I am flexible on the weight. I would love to throw a set of white rims on the rig...

I'll worry about price once I have a list of possibilities.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any idea of the weight of the Stan's?

The bike has handled everything I have thrown at it just fine, just need a set of wheels that can handle a little more punishment (aka user error).

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
LaXCarp said:
Any idea of the weight of the Stan's?

The bike has handled everything I have thrown at it just fine, just need a set of wheels that can handle a little more punishment (aka user error).
The rim weight is in the link provided.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Unfortunately, the NoTubes website doesn't include the weight for the white Flow rim. With a little comparison, among other models, you will conclude that the white powder coating adds about 30g over the weight of the black anodized Flow rims, or a total of 500g:

http://www.notubes.com/product_info.php/cPath/679/products_id/344

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rear Hub

Thanks for the advice, I ended up getting a set of Stans Flow in black....i wussed out on the white. I am building the front around the maverick 24/7 hub.

These rims outta last me so I figure I mine as well build it around a solid hub. I am gonna upgrade the rear hub from a Shimano XT.

Any suggestions of other choices around the price range of hope 2's? Are they really that loud? I would prefer something with more POE but if I have to spend Chris King like money than I will settle for less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.