Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
short timer
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put together a wheel for a Maverick SC32. Hubs: Chris King is too expensive, really nice but I don't have it,,, the Hope Pro II is cheaper but I'm not sure about the quality. THe Maverick 24/7 seems to be the best bet... Rims ? Echo also seems to be nice and the easiest to find.
Here is what I have found from Webcyclery:

Maverick 24mm Front Hub $ 160.00

Echo Mod Trials Rims (46mm) $ 60.00

Spokes $ 18.00

Bunch of Nipples $ 3.20

Lacing Pattern $ 35.00

Rox Ultralight Rim Strips $ 8.00

Subtotal $ 284.20

Please offer other suggestions and advice. Thank you-

This is for my Pugs with Endomorph rubber, Thanks again

·
Registered
584 Posts
You can get a Mav hub at Adrenaline bikes for $116. If you go with the Echo rim get the Moes rim strip its extra thick and it is made to fit. I have that set up and works well.

J

·
0 Posts
+1 for mav hub

I just had universal cycles put me together a Maverick hub with a LM center drilled rim. When i got my fork (used) it came with the 24 mm adapter axle for the hope hub. after doing some research i decided it would be money ahead to get the maverick hub. maverick will not warranty the fork if you use another hub, thats got to say something. Besides the adapter is real flimsy looking, not sure the words adapter, and axle should be used in the same sentence? there is a forum floating around on mtbr about maverick hub comparability issues. I will try to find my quote from universal cycles and post it. You can use there build your own wheel feature on there site to get a cost idea, it was well over 200$, but i have total confidence in the wheel, universal did a great job. Hope that helps a little.:thumbsup:

J

·
0 Posts

******** Items Ordered ********

Item #: 1311-2975
Description: Brass Nipples - Silver 12mm
Quantity: 1 @ Kit

Item #: 1713-7627
Description: Maverick The Hub - 32 Hole Black

Item #: 5113-11324
Description: Surly Large Marge Rim - Black/Silver 26 x 32 Hole DH

Item #: 1306-2965
Description: DT Swiss Champion Spokes - 2.0mm Silver

Item #: 2162-5409
Description: Required Owners Manuals - Base Product

******** Order Total ********

Subtotal: $263.46
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $35.79

Order Total: $299.25

·
short timer
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback- much appreciated. I had been watching the Mav Hub on e-bay and bought it today.
I'm leaning towards a trials rim like the echos... 48mm vrsus the LM .. just in case I want a narrower tire on a different bike.
Cheers,
Mike

·
A Surly Maverick
2,698 Posts
Sac29 said:
Thanks for the feedback- much appreciated. I had been watching the Mav Hub on e-bay and bought it today.
I'm leaning towards a trials rim like the echos... 48mm vrsus the LM .. just in case I want a narrower tire on a different bike.
Cheers,
Mike
Good result on the Mav hub :thumbsup:

Please post Pix when you complete your build :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts