Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing this out there, so let me know what you think. I am thinking about building up a light Yeti ASX for trail riding and light freeride and I'm leaning towards the Maverick. Can it handle light freeride(6ft max drops) and would it pair well with the ASX?

·
Custom User Title
1,282 Posts
I don't know about the Yeti but from what I've heard and seen they are pretty good. I have a Moment with the DUC32. It is a nice fork if you have it setup correctly. I can handle just about anything especially if you are a somewhat smooth rider. I saw 240# or so rider in Whistler with this fork. If you want to pay to be light this is the way to go. But as I said it need to be setup right to perform good. Check out their web site for the tech setup guide.

·
noMAD man
12,164 Posts
We sell Mavericks and have had several DUC32s through the shop. It is an awesome fork, but it really is a trail fork. The ASX is a fairly burly frame...even more so than a Bullit. Another issue on the DUC32 is that it has a relatively short axle to crown height. I don't think it will be a good match on an ASX. I know that 4lb. weight on the DUC is very tempting, but it's not the fork for that bike. I considered one for my Nomad until I got to see one. The axle to crown height was definitely not what my bike needed.

It may sound like I'm trashing that fork, but I'm just saying it's not the right fork for many bikes. The dual crown design and its 6" of travel suggest it borders on a freeride fork...it doesn't. I think a Van 36 or 66SL would be a better fork for your ASX for trail and light FR.

·
Made in China
378 Posts
TNC said:
We sell Mavericks and have had several DUC32s through the shop. It is an awesome fork, but it really is a trail fork. The ASX is a fairly burly frame...even more so than a Bullit. Another issue on the DUC32 is that it has a relatively short axle to crown height. I don't think it will be a good match on an ASX. I know that 4lb. weight on the DUC is very tempting, but it's not the fork for that bike. I considered one for my Nomad until I got to see one. The axle to crown height was definitely not what my bike needed.

It may sound like I'm trashing that fork, but I'm just saying it's not the right fork for many bikes. The dual crown design and its 6" of travel suggest it borders on a freeride fork...it doesn't. I think a Van 36 or 66SL would be a better fork for your ASX for trail and light FR.
Ditto, I have a DUC32 and the front is around 1 inch lower than my Marzocchi AM1.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
TNC said:
What TNC said. :cornut:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.