Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has tried this combo as it seems most people are trending toward the DUC which the 7.5seems more built for?

Whats the Axle to crown diff between the sc32 and the Duc? And if anyone offhand knows how how much steeper the Head Angle is going to get with the SC32?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yea I tried both...I have the SC on the 7.5 at the moment...better for XC, DUC's better for rocky stuff. DUCs are a far stiffer fork, SC are alright but look better than they perform, if you hammer them there is a bit of wander. I am about to try the Fox 07 talas on the 7.5 which is about half way between the a-c heights of the SC and DUC...should be about right. Oh yea DUC 519mm and SC about 495mm...I think! Great bike by the way.

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,170 Posts
7.5 nka Matic is "designed" for the SC. Installing the DUC will change it's "fast handling" characteristics which some prefer.
The Durance is "designed" for the DUC.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hmmm, I'm not so sure -- wouldn't the very design of the DUC actually improve its 'fast handling'? I ran across a discussion of "trail" on MBA's site that ascribes fast steering to the fork's offset and the DUC;s got that in spades. Without looking at the diffs in geometry b/w to the 2 sons of 7/5, it's probably the head tube length and angle AND the actual top tube length that separate the 2. I noticed on my ML7 that the effective TT is the same as the 7/5 only with a setback post. The actual tube is shorter on the 7/5 b/c, I'm guessing, they wanted to maintain the same wheelbase while increasing the fork offset with the DUC...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.