Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 46+ pages, the mattoc thread got too long! Sorry if this was sorted, but I didnt find it.

I have a mattoc 1 expert. Im gathering that I can install a pro rebound damper and keep my existing expert compression assembly? Is there any downside or significant benefit to using the pro compression assembly as well?

What can I expect from the pro rebound upgrade? My whole fork works pretty well as-is, but the rebound isn't exactly 100%.

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Pro assembly flows better and allows you to use the even better flowing hi-flow piston. Much better on sharper stuff.

You need to install the Pro HBO cup too. Expert is bigger.
Is the high flow piston something we can just install? Nothing crazy needs to be done? I have a non-boost CRC Pro 2 if that matters.

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
Is the high flow piston something we can just install? Nothing crazy needs to be done? I have a non-boost CRC Pro 2 if that matters.
Yes. But you need to remove the cartridge tube from the rebound assembly to get to it and be careful not to crimp any shims on install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.