Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
welp, i've had the Mute for about two years now, and can easily say that it is still pure joy to ride. i'ver been stoked on it whole time, and not to mention Matt is one generous and helpful pal. if any of you are thinking about one, go for it, such a great experience from the initial discussion of the frame to delivery.

i've never had a bike that fit me so well, and was so stinking fun to ride. i ride this thing 99% of the time, as the others just hang out.

some pictures for now. oh, and the Jeff Jones H-bars were just the setup i needed to complete the bike. they have such a similar hand position to my favorite WTB dirt drops, except minus the drops, and they fit well with a standard stem.

over and out
nate

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fork is

donkey said:
Whatcha got on that there front end for forkage? Looks unfamiliar....

hey donk,

the fork is an OX Brand fork, got it from Bigwheel about a year ago. I also use the Rick Hunter custom steel fork onner as well, it's actually more comfortable, but the Ox is nice as well and only weighs round a pound.

this is the first time in the Mute's life it's had more than a $5 stem, finally found some extra dough.

over and out
nate

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cause...

appleSSeed said:
why does it say phil wood?

beautiful bike btw :)
oh, the Phil Wood decals were giveaways from interbike long time ago. when i got my frame from Matt he had decided to not do decals except for the small one on the top tube that you can see, soo, i had experimented with some other ones that i made myself, and just decided to put on some of the decals from the other folk's equipment that is on the Chester, like the Phil Wood hubset that are on it. They are Fixed/Freewheel and super rad, in black. stoked on the Phil.

over and out
nate

·
Registered
103 Posts
Makes me cry...

That's a friggin sweet bike! Were you running WTB's before? I seem to remember pics of your bike with straight bars. How do the WTB's and Jones bars compare for you.

I'm waiting on delivery of my Mute and I have a set of WTBs that my Mute's been built for, but after riding WTBs for the last month on my 'crosser I'm considering buying a set of Jones bars to try so I can compare both. I found my hands wanting to be at a little more of a flared out angle than the WTBs provided. I also am still getting used to the reach to the levers on the WTBs. Looking at the Jones bars and from what I've read, it seems like they are a little more flared and would also offer a somewhat foreward position for climbing out of the saddle in addition to the main position offered.

I second on Matt being great to talk with and overly generous in providing parts and pricing. The waiting is a bummer. I look forward to having those same feelings about my ride that you're talking about.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.