crazyfreerider said:
are the roots of the equation x squared minus 7x minus 8 equals 0 imaginary
wut grade r u in? :rolleyes:

roots = 8 and -1

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
TheSherpa said:
I'm in 11th and have no idea what the hell hes talking about.
i'm in 8th and don't know... i would'a guessed something like:

x and r x7

but i haven'y learned this yet... i guess it's just cuz Chinkity is asian... lol, jk... but i really don't have any idea... :confused:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
im curious, wut r the average american kids learnin in mathclass freshman year nowadays?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
crazyfreerider said:
i also take 9th grade math but i seriously cant tell you what we learn
....lol.................................................

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
freshmen year, i was learning graphing lines, triangles and circles, geometry...10th grade, same Sh!t, 11th, quadratic equations, trig, postulates, heavy squar roots mixed with quadratic equations, graphing, radicals, imaginary #'s, more geometry...12th grade, quadratic equations, graphing, hyperbolas, sin, cos, tan of theta in a circle, imaginary #'s, sigma, statistics, nature of the roots, radicals...........this stuff aint hard. Im guessing im going to learn some hard stuff in college as im going to be taking Mechanical Engineering this fall.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lucky13 said:
It's a quadratic (ax+bx+c=0) equation. x= -b+/-sqrroot (b*b - 4 a*c), whole thing devided by 2a. You get two answers, one positive, one negative. x = -1, x = 8.

Russian school, 5th grade.
yeah i ended up having to find the sqare root od a negative number

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.