Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Yes.
No problem at all.

I am currently running SRAM Power Links on HG-53 and CN-7701. HG-73 is no different.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have been told that other (non-SRAM) "quick-links" are better for use on Shimano chains such as KMC, etc... I have used the SRAM link on Shimano chains with only one breakage problem.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
9 speed works...

liquidsuspension said:
Can you use a masterlink, perhaps a SRAM powerlink, on a Shimano LX hg-73 chain, so I don't have to keep using replacement pins all the time?
8 speed does not. I run Powerlinks on my XTR chains and have never had an issue. I could not get the 8 speed stuff to work together, tho. Shimano's 8 speed chain inner plates are just a CH wider than SRAM. I couldn't get it to close.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pimpbot said:
8 speed does not. I run Powerlinks on my XTR chains and have never had an issue. I could not get the 8 speed stuff to work together, tho. Shimano's 8 speed chain inner plates are just a CH wider than SRAM. I couldn't get it to close.
Thanks for the heads up. I was considering a powerlink for my wifes 8 speed....nevermind

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.