Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys gonna be heading to Mason Ohio in about a month for my daughters national dance competition. Sitting through the prelims is brutal for me (lol) so I'm gonna bring my bike to kill time over the weekend.

Anything worth riding in the area (say 1 hour radius around Mason/Cinci)?

Thanks in advance
J-

edit: not dayton but Mason/Cincinnati area

·
Registered
70 Posts
https://coramtb.org/

Check out the link. Lots of useful information especially on what trails will be open and possible conditions.

All depends on what you're looking for. Lebanon Bike Park is a mere 15 or so minute drive up I-71. It's short and sweet. It has several jump lines (3 at the front of the park and four MTB trails.), 2 paved pump tracks and a cyclocross trail. Has a very small skills area. Like I said short and sweet but with time constraints can be fun.

If you have a little more time you could hit Ceasers Creek just a bit farther up 71 or I'd recommend Devou Park. But bear in mind, we've been drenched this spring and the trails have had a hard time drying out.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
https://coramtb.org/

Check out the link. Lots of useful information especially on what trails will be open and possible conditions.

All depends on what you're looking for. Lebanon Bike Park is a mere 15 or so minute drive up I-71. It's short and sweet. It has several jump lines (3 at the front of the park and four MTB trails.), 2 paved pump tracks and a cyclocross trail. Has a very small skills area. Like I said short and sweet but with time constraints can be fun.

If you have a little more time you could hit Ceasers Creek just a bit farther up 71 or I'd recommend Devou Park. But bear in mind, we've been drenched this spring and the trails have had a hard time drying out.
Central & Southern Ohio is a lot of clay. We were hit by more rain today. It is hard to say when anything will dry out but CORA is the best place to check conditions. I liked Mitchell Forest and East Fork State Park too. There is short punchy climbs in Cincy.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I was looking at Mitchell Forrest the other day. We won't be in the area until the last week of June so hopefully stuff starts to dry out. We have been hammered with rain up in Michigan too so I feel your pain.

J-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.