Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have been more clear. I am looking at a new one on ebay. Right now I have a Fox RP23 that is not quite tuned correctly for my Covert. It came off another bike. Its going to cost about $125 to get the Fox rebuilt and tuned. The Rocco on ebay is $200. I was wondering if it was worth the extra money or just get the Fox tuned properly

·
Registered
870 Posts
what do you feel is wrong with your Rp23? you can alter the curve by switching air sleeves. the.smaller the sleeve, the more progressive the curve usually..depends what bike your shock came off of and what sort of factory tune it has if it was OEM.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not exactly the info your looking for, but I've run a Fox DHX air, DHX coil and a Marzocchi Roco TST R on the back of my Preston FR. I found the DHX air to be completely dead in the middle of the travel curve. Yes playing with air cans could have solved this, instead I went to a coil. The coil was super plush, but I ditched it for the Roco to save a few grams and haven't looked back since. It doesn't blow through the travel like the DHX air and the 4 position TST is spot on. You can go from full on lockout for long fireroads to full open for DH runs and everything in between. Do it...worst case you resell it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes....

denjen said:
I should have been more clear. I am looking at a new one on ebay. Right now I have a Fox RP23 that is not quite tuned correctly for my Covert. It came off another bike. Its going to cost about $125 to get the Fox rebuilt and tuned. The Rocco on ebay is $200. I was wondering if it was worth the extra money or just get the Fox tuned properly
i had this same EXACT problem - lo volume air sleeve fox rp23 doesn't work good for me on my covert - could never use the last bit of travel. i bought a roco tst r coil off ebay and it works perfect on the bike.

you didn't say if the ebay roco is a coil or air? mine is the coil and it works great. the air, i don't know...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.