Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to the forum and just got a bike for the first time in years (about 12 to be exact)

bought myself a Giant STP1.

My question is about the Marzoochi forks. I have noticed a squellching sound the the forks are being compressed.

Anyone got an idea of what this could be, could mean is it bad or nothign to worry about?

Thanks.

· Registered
6,757 Posts
The Z1 Dropoff Comp is...

Benjamin said:
Hi,

New to the forum and just got a bike for the first time in years (about 12 to be exact)

bought myself a Giant STP1.

My question is about the Marzoochi forks. I have noticed a squellching sound the the forks are being compressed.

Anyone got an idea of what this could be, could mean is it bad or nothign to worry about?

Thanks.
an OEM fork that Zocch produced in 04. The fork is one side coil spring and one side air, and uses the SSV damping system, and full oil bath lubrication. The SSV damper is an orifice type damper. That is to say that resistance to rebound is accomplished by forcing oil through an orifice (hole). Adjustment is accomplished by increasing or decreasing the size of the orifice. All that being said, as long as the fork is performing properly, i.e. not rebounding like a pogo stick and not bottoming out all the time or harshly, then you have nothing to worry about. That squishy/slurppy sound that you are hearing is the oil moving through the damper. 99% of full oil bath forks make this noise to various degrees.

Good Dirt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.