Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have just bought a pair of used 2004 marzocchi Z150's, and they feel smooth and plush, but the problem is, i am only measuring 4" of travel out of 6. The stanctions dont even look long enough to accomodate 6" of travel. The lockout is not on.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
re-do the air pressure in the fork, if you have too mutch negative pressure it will "turn down" the fork get an owners manual or look at teh marz website for pressure settings.

-and congrats on finding one of them usually z150 owners will fight you to the death before giving up that fork !

it also might be a seal problem like the older fox DHX airs had with getting "stuck down" if you can get it rebuilt it would be worth it. but try resetting the pressures first possitive air then negative air. if you do negative then positive it will "suck down".

hope that helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply
How would i adjust the positive and negative air pressures? i have a shock pump and on one side of the crown there is a lockout knob and on the other there is an air valve. does this control the -ve and +ve pressures?

Thanks

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
I have an 04 Z150. It's a spring fork with an air assist. I think that air valve in under the top right cap. There's no negative air.

You might have to pull it apart to see what's going on. There should be a spring in each leg.

Edit: My bad. I guess there was an SL version which probably has pos and neg air. Is yours the FR or FR SL?

·
Registered
456 Posts
im having forum problems things arnt showing up but ohwell

there is no adjuster on the bottom, if you unscrew thoes it will spew oil everywere

under the left cap there are two holes made for the marz adapter for shock pumps (yes special) the center one is positive maybe and the left one is negative. on the right leg one w/o lock down adjuster there is only one hole and that is positve air.

look on marzocchi.com for specs of 04 forks

·
Beer Swilling Clyde
323 Posts
Hey congrats on the new fork, it's always fun getting new stuff for your bike. This will be my third season on my z150fr. You'll love it when you get the initial setup worked out, my friend loves borrowing my bike, he calls the fork a mini monster cause the thing is a beast and will soak up anything. When you do get the travel thing worked out I recomend only putting 2-3 psi in the air chamber. I weigh around 200 and anything more then that is too much. Also mine has a funny quirk, after a couple weeks of heavy use the air pressure actually increases, not sure if I have a bad seal or what the deal is but it just takes a minute to check it and fix it every two weeks or so. Throw some fresh oil in it and have a blast ( I like the bmw moto fork oil personally )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.