Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this awesome fork about a month ago- a 2001 Z1 MCR, and installed it on the bike I was building at the time (a 2001 Bullit). The fork was great, super plush, until I opened it up and checked the oil level. It's almost got enough oil now (it was so low it wasn't funny) and the spring rate is waaaay to hard for me. I did some research, and found the green springs are X-Hard. That's a problem for me, I weigh 150.

What springs should I order? Soft or Medium? I was thinking of ordering some soft springs to see how it handles, but I'm worried that they will be too soft & I'll have to wait another week to order the mediums. But, then again, what if the mediums are too hard....

I ride pretty aggresivley at Annadel in Northern California. I am working on more stunts as I become more balanced with the bike. So perhaps I should just order the Mediums and see how it handles.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Clay

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that helps a lot! I ordered up a set of whites. They look backordered (shipping within a week) but hopefully they will be here soon :)

Thanks,
Clay

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The whites arrived yesterday (Wednesday) so I'm good for the weekend. Can't wait to see how they work, already the fork feels more plush for my lightweight.

Thanks,
Clay

(Now I just have to do the seals) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.