Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
let freedom ring!
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know someone out there is running a Z1 FR sl on there Reign. I could use some feedback on the set up of mine. I just got my bike back from the shop, It only took fox 4 weeks to return my rear shock to me. I put a new fork on it Marz Z1 FR Sl. It says that 25-30% sag is ideal for the front fork. I understand how to set the sag, but I am just curious why you need sag on suspension, What happens if you run to much sag, or not enough/ none at all? Is the amount of sag more of a personal preference thing? Just curious..............Any other setup insights would be helpful also.

Warren

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
you'll want to run sag so the bike will ride in the fork travel. Too little sag and the front end will ride tall and be oversprung/harsh on small-medium bumps. Too much sag and the fork will blow through the travel. Go with the recommended sag first and you can adjust it from there depending on how you like the fork to feel. Good luck dood, nice to see you finally decided on a fork.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I put the z1 fr sl on my 06 Kona Coilair and am totally lost on the setup. At the very low end of the recomended air pressure I got no sag. Any insight would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
gcohen said:
I put the z1 fr sl on my 06 Kona Coilair and am totally lost on the setup. At the very low end of the recomended air pressure I got no sag. Any insight would be much appreciated.
Have you tried increasing negative pressure till it sags a bit?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Z1frsl

aight, here's what im running on my 06 Z1FRSL
rider weight: 215lbs
positive: 30psi
Negative: 75psi
PAR: 4psi
rebound: 5 clicks from the open
Compressions: 5 clicks from open
i'm not done tuning my fork but i like this setup.. so plush and doesn't hurt my arm on long rocky trail.

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
Do a search in the suspension forum there is plenty of setup info on the SL forks. One thing to remember - until you break the fork in it will feel funky and the starting air pressures may be lower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.