Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade a RS Dart 3. Does anyone know anything about the 2008 Marzocchi XC 600 ATA 2 fork? Any suggestions on whether to buy or not? Please let me know. All suggestions welcomed.

Attachments

·
Go back to school
648 Posts
I don't know anything about the fork but I do know that 2008 was a really bad year for Marzocchi. They had just moved the manufacturing and quality control was rough. Its definitely hit or miss.

·
What could go wrong ...
1,996 Posts
I know a lot of the 2008 Marzocchi forks had some QC probs but I have a 2008 XC 600 TST2 with about 950 miles on it that has never had a problem - I even bought all the parts to do the shim stack mod but have not bothered to do it since the forks works great just the way it is for xc riding ... when I need to service it I will do the mod and see how much better it is ... from what I have read on here it is a hit or miss deal with the 2008 forks ... I seem to have a very good one

note mine is the TST2 model not the ATA2 model

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a 08 xc600 tst2. I blew mine out, or rather it locked up and would no longer compress but only an 1". I sent it to marz and got it back in 5 weeks or so. They told me all about the issues from 08 and how the cartridges were ****. The new ones had a different design so they said. I havent taken it out yet to see how it is, but before it was pretty smooth, and i beat on it pretty good. The guy also told me straight up dont buy the ATA type forks, he said they always have problems. The guy was awesome to work with, no ******** and straight up about stuff.
He also told me these forks are more trail forks and not so much XC type. I asked him how much abuse i could do to it and he said you will be fine just dont do any 7 foot drops to flat. oh, mine is the 120mm one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts