Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to adjust pressure on my mxpro and when I unscrew the pump from the shock almost all the air rushes out of the shock and pump at same time. It worked fine two days ago? Pump works fine on rear Fox float and other 'Zocch. Anybody have the same problem or solution. I'm wondering if the schraeder valve in the fork is shot or loose?

Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Who Dat!! said:
Went to adjust pressure on my mxpro and when I unscrew the pump from the shock almost all the air rushes out of the shock and pump at same time. It worked fine two days ago? Pump works fine on rear Fox float and other 'Zocch. Anybody have the same problem or solution. I'm wondering if the schraeder valve in the fork is shot or loose?

Thanks!
The valve in the fork is most likely loose or worn out. Its best to just replace it with some valves from an autoparts store. I do this with all my zocch's when new. The replacement valves seem to work much better than the origonals and cost less than $1 each.

·
Stabbitha
140 Posts
mvp119 said:
The valve in the fork is most likely loose or worn out. Its best to just replace it with some valves from an autoparts store. I do this with all my zocch's when new. The replacement valves seem to work much better than the origonals and cost less than $1 each.
Also, new pump. Lots of times, if the pump pushes the valve pin too far, that happens.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Go to an auto parts store an ask for a valve core puller and some valve cores - its about a 2 minute task to pull the old valve core and install the new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.