Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a Marzocchi Marathon SL for around $400, is there a Fox fork for close to the same price that may be better ? I have read some good reviews on the marzocchi but i see there are more people that have Fox forks. I ride a lot of trails and dont usually have more than 2 to 3 foot drops on them. Someone told me the vanilla is nice. thx Rod.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
rodman said:
I am looking at buying a Marzocchi Marathon SL for around $400, is there a Fox fork for close to the same price that may be better ? I have read some good reviews on the marzocchi but i see there are more people that have Fox forks. I ride a lot of trails and dont usually have more than 2 to 3 foot drops on them. Someone told me the vanilla is nice. thx Rod.
There are a lot more people riding Fox because Fox is an OEM manufacturer for a lot of bike companies.

The comparable fork to the Marathon SL is a Fox Float. The Marathon far outperforms the Fox in terms of ride quality, however, the Fox has a stiffer chasis. Quite a bit stiffer. If you're a heavyweight, go with a Fox, you'll be better off on a Vanilla, also. The ride quality difference is really big. If you're not a heavyweight, the SL might be a better fork, especially if you're not ultra aggresive on you XC rides.

_MK

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.