Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a marzocchi fork (mx series with the removable brake bosses), and i was wondering, do the v brake bosses come with them, or do i order them seperate.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The brake bosses come with a fork or frame as they are somewhat specific to that frame or fork.

·
Registered
244 Posts
GearHead said:
The brake bosses come with a fork or frame as they are somewhat specific to that frame or fork.
Are you sure about that? I've used the brake posts from my 1996 Girvin Crosslink fork on other forks. I think that brake posts are pretty standard.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
A direct answer

sloepoke said:
I am going to buy a marzocchi fork (mx series with the removable brake bosses), and i was wondering, do the v brake bosses come with them, or do i order them seperate.
Yes, your MX Comp or MX pro will come with v brake bosses.
Bob

·
Registered
244 Posts
oddestfellow said:
Are you sure about that? I've used the brake posts from my 1996 Girvin Crosslink fork on other forks. I think that brake posts are pretty standard.
In reply to my own stupid remark - you are correct Mr. Gearhead. After researching this issue I found that yes, they should come with the bosses and yes they are specific to the fork. I guess I have just been lucky when using the ones from my Girvin on other forks.

Sorry I ever doubted you. ;)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
oddestfellow said:
In reply to my own stupid remark - you are correct Mr. Gearhead. After researching this issue I found that yes, they should come with the bosses and yes they are specific to the fork. I guess I have just been lucky when using the ones from my Girvin on other forks.

Sorry I ever doubted you. ;)
That is why I tossed in the somewhat, there is some overlap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts