Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

For the second time in 10 months, the TST function on my 2005 Marzocchi Marathon SL forks has packed in. Same fault as before, turning the adjuster no longer has an effect on the damping, and lockout no longer works. Fork is "stuck" in the first setting (fastest damping). Adjuster turns fine. Last time I sent them for a service under warranty, which took a couple of weeks turnaround. This time I want to strip the fork and find out what is going on myself.

I noticed on the days leading up to the fault, in TST lockout position the fork had some movement (probably 20-30mm) at the top of its stroke whereas normally it would be locked solid in this position, with no movement. Does this mean air has creeped into the TST cartridge and it needs a bleed? If so, can anyone give me a guide on how to do this? I've seen some posts before on this but the search isn't bringing anything up.

Thanks

·
Spanish Marathon Racer
120 Posts
Maybe the fork has not enough oil.

It could be that.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fork definately hasn't leaked any oil either time the TST adjustment has gone, last time it was serviced by the main UK marzocchi dealer as well, so doubt it is that. Will do another search and see what I can find, thanks. Noticed last time it says that the TST unit was replaced, so it sounds like it could be a tear in the bladder alright :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.