Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just wanted to toss out a question to better educate myself.

I bought a K2 factory 4.0 in May 2009 and last week I noticed that the front shock, a Marzocchi Bomber XC 600 TST 2 locked out. I've riden this bike almost 2 seasons and am a female, 130lbs and would say I'm on the upper end of an intermediate rider.

My question, is this normal for this type of shock to malfunction w/in this time frame? The only thing I have to compare it against it my last front shock that I had for 8 years which never gave me any grief.

Also, does anyone know about having 8 inch roters and the tire continuously rubbing everytime I have to take my tire off and put back on? It's done this from day one and the shop guy says that I need to get it lined up perfectly. After going into the shop MANY time and having them show me the correct way, I'm still unable to get it from rubbing so then I ride with it like that. To me, it doesn't seem "normal" and plus the shop guys are unable to get it perfect most times. Do I have any options with this issue?

Any input would be great. Thanks,

Kelly

·
What could go wrong ...
1,996 Posts
I have that fork and it hydro locked. Send it in to Marzocchi and they will fix it ... they fixed mine last year under warranty.

the 08/09 forks had some QC issues but nothing that cant be fixed, give them a call at

28476 Westinghouse Place
91355 Valencia, CA - USA
Tel: +1.661.257.6630

the rotor rubbing thing has been covered in the Brake Forum ... check there for more help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

Thank you so much! I called and they needed the serial numbers on the shock so I'll have to look when I get home. It didn't seem like they had a problem with me sending it in to get fixed, though I didn't ask about cost. I'm also a bit hesitant to send it in b/c according to the other reviews it seems others have had to wait a long time to get parts back after sending in, did you experience this?

Also, I'm wondering if it's better to try and upgrade, not that I have the funds to do so but if this happens again? Has your shock been fine since you sent it in? And is there anything I can do to prevent it from occuring again?

You rock! Thank you for you reply!

·
What could go wrong ...
1,996 Posts
"Has your shock been fine since you sent it in? And is there anything I can do to prevent it from occuring again?"

Yes it has been perfect since they serviced it .. I have around 1800 miles on the fork and I keep thinking I want something else but this fork works so well for me that I cant find a reason to change it

turn around from Marzocchi was maybe 10 days and they included a spacer to change the travel at no cost .. its a hassle to send it in but its worth it because its cheaper than having to buy another fork

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.