Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gittyup!
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Tis the season to share stories of good cheer. Bought an '04 Zocchi Marathon S closeout from Jenson in March of '05. Within a few months it developed some slop (felt like a loose headset) and a slight oil leak at the top cap (preload side). Figured it was bushings and seals. Called and told them about it and they said to send 'er in. I waited until the end of riding season to do so... 5 months later. Finally sent it in a few weeks ago. Just got it back today. New bushing kit, new seal kit, and oil change... all covered w/out a hint of hassle under warranty. Now that's standing behind your product. Can't say that I have had even remotely the same luck through Rock Shox. I'm a Zocchi fan for life.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I also had a great experience with my AM1. It all of sudden started making a top out sound and the tst stopped working. I called them up they had me send it in. I figured I'd get a call a week or so later. I was wrong. They received the fork on a Friday and now it's the following Wednesday and it's at my doorstep all fixed. No warranty questions or shipping costs or anything. Great job Zoke!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Broke 3 Marzocchi forks, no warranty on any of them. o3 Marzocchi Dirtjumper II, o4 z150, o4 Drop-Off Comp. Cracked the DJ at the dropouts, used fork, no warranty, ok, understandable. o4 z150, ETA was seriously messed up, it'd always wind itself down after riding around for a bit, Marzocchi said it was normal and then ignored me. Drop-Off Comp, valve for air preload exploded out of the top-cap. Marzocchi said that they wouldn't warranty it after I sent pictures, no explaination. I asked if I could purchase the top-cap seperately, they ignored me. I tried to give them a call, and they basically told me the same thing in my emails. That's not exactly reassuring to me. Rockshox has always handled their warranties very promptly (even if their products were very sh!tty back then). And a lot of people bash on Manitou for their CS, but I never had an issue with them. I called them up asking for information on my Sherman Firefly, and they were courteous and informative. I was able to order my parts directly through them, no LBS involved (though it wouldn't have mattered much anyways, since I work at a shop).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.