Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,i just find it really hard to set up my roco shock...is their any secrets i should know to optimise the performance....i'm posting in this tread because the people here have more knowlege for dh racing...

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Fill the bottom out chamber with at least 190-200 psi. If you do not have enough air it will feel like it has lost damping.

Adjust your preload, then adjust the rebound. I have it 3 clicks from full fast. Then adjust the compression. I have it 1/3 from fully closed compression and it feels awesome.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
captain spaulding said:
For Rebound it's:
plus = slower/more rebound damping
minus = faster/less rebound damping

For compression it's:
Plus = stiffer/more compression damping
Minus = softer/less compression damping
There ya go, now it makes more sense.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Definitely high pressure in the piggy back for me, I weigh 170lbs, and I use 200-220 psi. I use a 400# spring and I don't mess with the compression much( pretty sure it's backed out completely. The rebound is something you just need to feel. I find my rebound doesn't really respond until the very last couple of turns. It's a trial and error thing.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Start both adjustments in the dead center of their range and adjust from there. If you're all the way at one extreme or the other you aren't making any use of the damper.

Start at 200 psi, and go up or down in 5 psi increments to adjust the ramp up.

Basically, set up everything as neutral as possible before doing anything else. Ride, adjust one thing at a time, repeat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.