Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I have quick question - just got my Roco WC09 from LBS as a brand new shock with coil on it and I would like to change coil for my own. Now if I want to take of coil on my Fox DHX5 coil shock , it is very easy to do this , but when I try to remove spring from Roco , it looks like spring is still compressed even if I loose preload to 0. It looks like that I need some kind of tool to compress spring first so I can remove it. My shock is Marzocchi Roco WC09 8.75 x 2.75 and spring M500x2.75-k88.2 . Any solution or do I have some wrong parts? Please help. Thank you Rob

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
you may need to lever it down with a screw driver to slide the spring seat off, just be very careful and don't scratch the shaft

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys , this looks crazy to me that I have to use so much power and brain to remove stupid spring , but here is what I needed : one big heavy friend (to sit on my bike + I had to buy big dinner for him :eek:) ) , three straps to hold spring compressed , four hours of my life which I will never get back and a lot of sweat and f--k words. Why would Marzocchi do something like this to me , when I can remove Fox coil from fox shock with one hand. But it is done and I believe that there is some tool for this "dificult job" somewhere and I will find this tool one day :eek:) Thank you very much for your help and GOOD LUCK to other Roco with wrong spring owners. Thanks again Rob

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
someone stop me if I am wrong but I dont believe you want to use that DHX spring on a Rocco as he Rocco has a bigger body and their springs run the larger ID like CCDB and Vivid.

The DHX spring may rub the shock body.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ooops , sorry my bad... I have to explain this - I have two bikes , one (Specialized Bighit) has Fox DHX 5 coil and other bike (Demo) has Marzocchi Roco WC. I was just trying to compare two shocks (removing spring) , NOT to swap parts between them. Sorry if I confused anybody. Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts