Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know for sure what sizes the 07 Roco TST comes in? I sold my Fox Float RP3 this weekend because I had a deal worked out to replace it with a Roco TST but now I'm having trouble getting a Roco TST. Apparently, they don't come in a 7.5 x 2.0 (190mm x 51mm) length even though 90% of the sites that sell them have that listed as a size:

http://www.blueskycycling.com/product2963_58_-2007-Marzocchi-Roco-TST-R-Rear-Shock.htm

The dude I may buy from emailed me back saying the smallest size is 7.875 x 2.25 and he suggested I just use a coil with a shorter stroke so that bottoms out a 2.0" but that seems pretty sketchy to me. My bike is a 2005 Rocky Mtn. Switch and I could maybe just toss a 7.875" x 2.25" shock on there and then have 6.75" of travel (from 6") but I hate to mess around with stuff like that. Since the stock shock is 7.5" x 2.0", a 7.875 x 2.25 would bottom out at almost the same point (7.5 - 2.0 = 5.5" whereas 7.875 - 2.25 = 5.62") but it would jack up the back end 3/4" normally unless I set the sag higher.

Your thoughts? Yes, I could just get a DHX 5.0 but it's more expensive, I like Marzocchi better, the Roco matches my frame a lot better and I'd rather have the new and exciting product

·
Registered
43 Posts
You just have to take your shock off and see what kind of angles will change with different size shocks.

Another option would be to get a shorter shock with the same stroke and have a shuttle made to lower the shock. ..If they make smaller shocks that is.

Regardless, raising the bike up with a taller shock will make it ride like ****. The two most important things that effect how a bike rides are the geometry and suspension... with the taller shock you will have good suspension and bad geometry. I wouldn't do it. Get the DHX, it's not a bad shock at all.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
dandurston said:
Don't worry about this question. I've talked to Marzocchi now and they said they do make the 7.5 x 2.0 so my guy must have just been confused.
That doesnt help much right now ... there out of stock :mad: Tried to order my 7.875x2" today no luck :madman: :madmax:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evil4bc said:
That doesnt help much right now ... there out of stock :mad: Tried to order my 7.875x2" today no luck :madman: :madmax:
Why are so many people looking for a 7.875 x 2.0 Roco? I guess it's just you on here but that's the size the guy I'm ordering from thought I wanted a few people have been asking him for it as well. Marzocchi only makes the Roco TST in four sizes (7.5x2.0, 7.875x2.25 and 2 bigger ones) which is probably why they couldn't get you a 7.875 x 2.0.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I ended up ordering from Jared at Downshiftcycles.com. I'm not sure if he has one in stock or not but I'm not in a huge hurry since it'll be 1-2 months before winter's over here.

I paid $290 US for a 7.5" x 2.0" Roco TST R including a 550lbs coil. Jared offers free shipping in the USA but it was an extra $20 for fast shipping to Canada. The retail on this shock is $325 + about $50 for the coil so that's close to $100 off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.