Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a new shock to replace my VP-Free as i've decided the 5th Element is pretty crap. It's certainly the worst performing shock i've owned in recent years. Just lacks any small/mid sized bump sensitivity even with low air pressures in the resevoir.

Anyhow, the ROCO looks pretty interesting (along with the Manitou Revox and CaneCreek Double Barrel) as it's cheap, lacks a platform and is user servicable. Initial reports i've read say it performs superbly but has anyone here had any first hand expriences with one?

ta :)

·
Will Guide for Beer
729 Posts
Info hard to find ...

I have been searching for info as well, none to be found. I think it's still too early to tell. I have seen that it comes in 6 different sizes and made to fit most bikes, but what sizes and what bikes/shock can it replace? What bikes will it be available on in 2006?

My guess is that there are questions unanswered. Marz made it to interbike but it seems like bike manufactures are hesitant to strap on the new roco. ????

No news could be bad news ???

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Check this thread

From the DH forum. Someone from Knolly reviews the shock. The review is about 12 posts into the thread.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=142872&highlight=roco

The bike I ride, the Leader 626S, is offering the Roco as an option for the 2006 frame. It's a great trail bike, and the combo is a steal at $660.00. Here's a link to the page on Downshift Cycle's web site that has the details if you're interested. If you need more info, Jared's phone number is on the home page. He's great to deal with.

http://downshiftcycles.netfirms.com...t_info&osCsid=bcf553c4377b1f90dcd8e2729c6c40f

Bob

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.