Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used Marzocchi MXC (air). Got it home and threw it on the bike and it seems to be functioning just fine.

One little thing.When the fork compresses/decompresses significantly there is a sound like fluid flowing through the fork that I have not heard on other forks I have owned. The compression on the fork seems fine and the performance is not effected.....

Just wondering if this is something I should worry about? I know that they fork has been rebuilt and that the lowers were replaced (chipped dropout) and the fork rebuilt at some point....

Anyone have any idea what this sound could be? (Oil transferring from one chamber to another within the shock???)

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA
Dedman

(URL for fork specs here: Marzocchi_MXC )

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its normal for this fork.

dedman said:
I just bought a used Marzocchi MXC (air). Got it home and threw it on the bike and it seems to be functioning just fine.

One little thing.When the fork compresses/decompresses significantly there is a sound like fluid flowing through the fork that I have not heard on other forks I have owned. The compression on the fork seems fine and the performance is not effected.....

Just wondering if this is something I should worry about? I know that they fork has been rebuilt and that the lowers were replaced (chipped dropout) and the fork rebuilt at some point....

Anyone have any idea what this sound could be? (Oil transferring from one chamber to another within the shock???)

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA
Dedman

(URL for fork specs here: Marzocchi_MXC )
I have one and it made the type of noises you describe right from new. I don't know why it is so loud on this fork.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.