Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the lowers from an '06 Dropoff Triple fit an '06 All Mountain 2? Thinking this would be a cheap and eay way to upgrade the AM to 20mm bolt through, as I already have both forks.

Thanks

·
...for I am a raindog too
267 Posts
If they're both 32 mm stanctions, I'd think they would.... is the travel fairly close between the two forks? You may need to "shim" to get the correct balance between compression and rebound length.

Does this make any sense? I'm not sure how to say what I'm trying to say.

Here's what I meant to say: give 'er a shot and let us all know......

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Phil~M said:
Will the lowers from an '06 Dropoff Triple fit an '06 All Mountain 2? Thinking this would be a cheap and eay way to upgrade the AM to 20mm bolt through, as I already have both forks.

Thanks
The All Mountain series was redesigned in the 06, whereas the Dropoff retained the Z1 chasis. The crown was changed as well as the lowers, increasing the overall axle to crown by 3.3mm.

Having said all that, it doesn't rule out that the lowers might fit, however, you should really call Marzocchi to verify. You'd do us a favor, as well, if you reported back.

Marzocchi's # is (661) 257 6630.

_MK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.