Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Removed at birth
595 Posts
I've got the integrated stem on my Shiver. I think it is great. It is adjustable, so you can shorten or lengthen the reach, and you can also purchase shims for it if you want it to sit up higher. Very stiff, and very strong. Go for it.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Weyvoless said:
I've got the integrated stem on my Shiver. I think it is great. It is adjustable, so you can shorten or lengthen the reach, and you can also purchase shims for it if you want it to sit up higher. Very stiff, and very strong. Go for it.
With the integrated stem, do you have to cut down the steer tube, or if you decided to switch to a "traditional" stem would there be enough steer tube available?

Just curious as I have a 888 on order with my new ride and am still debating over the integrated vs traditional.

TJ :confused:

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
006_007 said:
With the integrated stem, do you have to cut down the steer tube, or if you decided to switch to a "traditional" stem would there be enough steer tube available?

Just curious as I have a 888 on order with my new ride and am still debating over the integrated vs traditional.

TJ :confused:
I agree with Weyvo, the intergrated stem rocks. You can leave enough steerer to use a tradtioinal stem later if you'd like, that's what I did on my Monster T just in case something should happen to the intergrated one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The integrated stem on the 888 only has one position. Make sure to leave plenty of steerer if you plan on switching to a standard stem later.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
doubleA's said:
ya, the 55-67 is the one I got. Its a bit long but Im going to try it. With a large bighit, Im trying to stay short. What are you using?.....sorry to here about the KHS fiasco.
I'm using the Marz intergrated in the 55 position. Works good for me. I've tried everything from a 40mm-70mm and prefer a 55-60mm stem.

Thanks, it looks like the KHS thing may work out. A gentleman, whom will get allot of praise later if this works, on MTBR is shipping me a bolt off his buds old broken KHS frame that looks like it may work. He sent pics and it looks promising. So fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
888r Intergrated Stems...

hehehhehhe...888r direct mount stems are pimpin as all hell...i love the dam things...

i personally would cut the steerer...coz there isnt that much height in the stem at all...hence this pic ill show u all...and there only like 30 bucks (last thing u wanna do is stack and smash summin on excess steerer tube)...

but yes i would definatly get one...

(also i a little dude...and when i was trying out a DEMO9 in a medium with the 55-60mm it was great...keeping in mind i usually ride small frames...)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.