Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have a few questions about the Fondo 1&2. Jenson has them listed on their website, but doesn't mention what they have for travel. I'm assuming 105? Marzocchi's site only has specs for the Gran Fondo 3. Has anyone ridden either of them? Thoughts? What is the major difference between these and the MX series? I am considering buying a MX Pro 105 with ETA, but want to explore all of my options beforehand.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
My understanding

The Fondo line are Trekking forks, which means they are engineered for trails less technical than singletrack. They are mostly an OEM option, and that's where you'll find them on 'Zoke's site. The strange thing about them is that Kona puts them on several of the Dawg series bikes. This flies directly in the face of what the Marzocchi web site says their intended usage should be.

For my money, I'd go with the MX Pro. They're about $250 at most places, and have a track record and reputation. The Fondo series is brand new, and there is little, if anything out there to go on. I hope this helps.

Best wishes in finding a suitable fork.

Bob

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call_me_Clyde said:
The Fondo line are Trekking forks, which means they are engineered for trails less technical than singletrack. They are mostly an OEM option, and that's where you'll find them on 'Zoke's site. The strange thing about them is that Kona puts them on several of the Dawg series bikes. This flies directly in the face of what the Marzocchi web site says their intended usage should be.

For my money, I'd go with the MX Pro. They're about $250 at most places, and have a track record and reputation. The Fondo series is brand new, and there is little, if anything out there to go on. I hope this helps.

Best wishes in finding a suitable fork.

Bob
Thanks Bob. I think that you're right about going with one that has had good performance vs one that not much is known about. I have to return the MX Comp 120 that I bought because it's going to be too long for my frame and I don't want to have to do another exchange, so I'm doing more research this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.