Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and starting to get back into mountain biking after 25 years. My how things have changed!

I recently purchased an older a GT Avalanche 1.0 with some upgraded components including a Marzocchi fork.

Upon trying to figure out exactly WHICH Marzocchi model I have, I looked at the bottom of the fork (for a model number) and I noticed that there is a difference between the two sides. See photos -- there's a cap with a knob on it on one side and the other side has nothing -- hollow -- and seemingly exposing it to dirt and crud while riding.

I have ridden the bike once on trails, and while my riding could stand some improvement, the bike seemed to work okay. Did not discover this till after my first ride.

Am I correct that this is not quite right?
Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there a source for what looks to me to be a missing part?

Any other insights on how this whole suspension thing is supposed to work are welcomed. From what I've been able to find on line, these things are adjustable.

Thanks for any advice or insights you can offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
No need to worry. The open fork leg is sealed about 4" in. You'll see a silver colored nut in there resting on a sealed aluminum wall.

The knob on the other leg is your rebound knob, other side without a knob has no cartridge, just a pumping rod, oil & coil. No bottom adjuster for that side.

Looks just like a Z3 I still have laying around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No need to worry. The open fork leg is sealed about 4" in. You'll see a silver colored nut in there resting on a sealed aluminum wall.

The knob on the other leg is your rebound knob, other side without a knob has no cartridge, just a pumping rod, oil & coil. No bottom adjuster for that side.

Looks just like a Z3 I still have laying around.
Wow that is a relief! Thanks for the prompt reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.