Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was practising my jumping today just as u guys suggested... rode home sat down got bored wetn back outside and put 3 bags of salt underneath a long peice of wood and was havin a blast... all till i blew the right leg up!!! the seal just exploded or something and all this oil went on my handle bars and the plastic cover blew off...

im really not impressed here marzocchi... if i dont get this shizit fixed in a week my trip i planned for 2 months is gunna suck...

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there anything i can do to get it fixed or do i have to buy a whole new fork... if i do theres no way im getting a DJ thats just Bulll shizzzit!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Lucky13 said:
Looks like an air preload cap to me for some reason; if it is it, all you need is a top cap. But most likely it's a cartridge. Get some "half decent" pictures...
there are no cartridges in that fork. It could simply be a 25cent o-ring...

·
Registered
567 Posts
That is a bummer dude, I just crash re-placed my Jr.T. up to a 888, I hated that damn thing with a passin nothing but trouble. Marz, did a great job of helping get things rolling. I had a new fork in under a week!
didn't do it on ramps like this did you???
Little ghetto ramp I have set up in my yard to keep up the skillz, fun not dangerous.

Attachments

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is the sad part...

i was hittin 5 foot tall doubles all day,and a 8 foot to trany drop, and it was ok.. it was only when i got bored, went outside to practise timming liftin handlebars etc that it got messed. the part that u screw the schrader valve onto to pump air into blew up... what worries me is that not only did the valve break off, there was oil that sprayed out too.. so i dont think ive only broken the air cartrige or the cap... what kind of quality is that! it got busted on a 1 footer people a 1 footer~!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it wasnt a bad landing, very very very smooth my best of the whole day!

how much do u think it will cost to replace... keeping in mind that this is an 03 fork that ahs only seen action since march!!! and to be honest i dotn want anotehr DJ i want a brand new fork like a Z1 so im garanteed this crap doesnt hapen again!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
boohoo poor quality marzocchi boohoo....

its a freaken valve, you probably damaged it somehow. Either the top cap needs replacing, or a small valve part, but untill you bring it to someone who actually knows what they're looking at, you wont know. And oil sprayed out because its an open bath fork, the release of pressure will spray some oil out. There is no air cartridge, its simply a pressurised leg with no air oil seperation. Its pretty minor.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,000 Posts
quit wasting time and get that thing fixed. Get a shop to fix it or over night it to marz 800-227-5579. Hopefully they treat you better than the mounties treated WCH

·
Registered
557 Posts
finchy said:
i was practising my jumping today just as u guys suggested... rode home sat down got bored wetn back outside and put 3 bags of salt underneath a long peice of wood and was havin a blast... all till i blew the right leg up!!! the seal just exploded or something and all this oil went on my handle bars and the plastic cover blew off...

im really not impressed here marzocchi... if i dont get this shizit fixed in a week my trip i planned for 2 months is gunna suck...
At most all you need is a top plug assembly.... They aren't very expensive or hard to get.

Brian

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so whats out in woodbrige? thats where the shop said they where sending my fork...

i dotn think it is only the top cap cuz it insantly bottomsrobobly due ot the lack of pressure though...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
finchy said:
i dotn think it is only the top cap cuz it insantly bottomsrobobly due ot the lack of pressure though...
listen to the people who know what they are talking about. No pressure = no spring = bottomout. You dont have any carts in there, just basic pumping rods.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
finchy said:
There is a reason you are on here, and it isn't because you are thinking a lot. Forums are full of mindless drivel, however mixed in are some very knowledgible folks (granted they might not be able to spell or punctuate well).

From the picture with the schrader valve in it it is clear that you busted off the fill valve from the top cap assembly. Just buy a replacement top cap (sub $20 part). That schrader housing should not fail under pressure, especially since your pressure is set too low (ie bottoming out). I would question what other stresses it has incurred. Do the plastic caps hit your down tube when you x-up? Have you crashed and slammed the caps into the ground? Have you hit it with a hammer or tightened it with anything other than your hands?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.