Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago, I bought a Giant Iguana (which is my first real mountain bike) with a Marzocchi EXR front fork. Now, when I'm shopping around with a friend who's looking for his first bike, I'm noticing that a lot of bikes in the same price range have Marzocchi MZ-III forks, and I can't seem to find the EXR anywhere on the Marzocchi website. How do these 2 forks compare? And does anyone happen to know why the EXR seems to be non-existant on the website?

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
The EXR is OEM, and there is a section for that on the marzocchi site.

Mine is a 2002 air model, so i am not sure how much they have changed, but i am not at all dissapointed with it. Not the most sensitive to small bumps, but mine is only 80mm anyways. Takes small jumps and drops without issues. Works great for XC imo.

I have rode the MZ-III @ 100+mm, but i prefer the damping that my EXR has. The MZ is found OEM on many bikes, and is not actually a bad fork, depending on what you expect from it. I'll take it over RST, that's for sure.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses. That definitely answers my question. So far, I've been very happy with my EXR. It's my first bike, so I don't have much to compare it to, but the Iguana as a whole definitely takes what I throw at it (XC singletrack riding mainly), and it doesn't feel like I have to baby it at all. After doing a trail with my old completely rigid bike from sport-chek and then with my iguana with EXR forks, I can definitely appreciate how much a solid fork will do for my ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.