Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: Help! I had 2 forks from Marzocchi that the drop outs on the front shock cracked. I have a 2002 Marathon S and an Z1 Bomber. This is the second time this has happened! This first time Marazocchi replaced the shocks and am currently waiting to hear what the out come of the second go around.

They said they have had problems with this...makes me feel better. Anyone else experience these problems? I think it is time to move on to new shocks?! I only ride xcountry, no exterem stuff happening!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Same problem with 2002 Marathon S. XC only for me too. Marzocchi replaced the lowers without question, but the paint was cheesy (no longer blondie white and poor quality too). A friend had the same fork and the same thing happened. The new lowers look exactly the same otherwise and haven't cracked yet although I don't have many miles on the new lowers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same problem with 2002 MXC. As they were 2 years old, Marzocchi said no warranty, offered me 2004 MXC as crash replacement (about $90 off retail), I said no thanks. The guy I talked to wouldn't admit to it being a common problem, though the reason I started checking mine was somebody's post on here about theirs breaking while riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.