Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
...for I am a raindog too
267 Posts
might help...

I'd say call Zocchi, but basically open up the top (where you put air in...) with a 21MM ? socket , I'd say do this one leg at a time, and drain the oil. Before you drain, you'll see little spacers sitting on top of your springs- pull those, and the springs. the foot nuts (on bottom) are 12 MM i think-- you'll need a very thin walled socket or a 12 MM nut driver usually works, loosen those to separate the uppers from the lowers. Inside the uppers are your damping rods-- and on top of those are where the 110 spacers go (below the main spring). Reassemble minus the spacers on top of the main spring. Youll need new oil-- check Marz. website for oil levels...

PM me and we'll talk by phone...

or call Zochi's tech dept. ( MIKE is super cool and very helpful) 1 661 257 6630 --don't know the toll free #.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
FormulaX said:
Thanks for the info, I tried calling Marz. but they are closed until the 3rd.
If it's a 06" DJ2 it's very simple .

Disassemble the fork per Mikes instructions above .
When the cartrige has been removed , you will need to replace the 1/2" negitive spring with a extended negtive spring 2" from Zoke , this will drop your 06" Dj2 from 100mm to
80mm then you remove the small plastic spring spacer from the upper stack and the stock spring will fit with a small amount of preload , bamm 80mm dj2

if you have a 04 or 05 PM me , I make Titanium travel reduction spacers for these forks!
We also have the extended neg springs in stock from Zoke , so if you dont want to wait untill the 3rd we can set you up .
PM away !!!

·
...for I am a raindog too
267 Posts
( I make Titanium travel reduction spacers for these forks!)quote

SH*T!!! I just went the opposite way with an '04 DJ (110-130)-- and I bet you make the titanium travel extension spacers as well--
Oh well...

I'll contact you if I decide to go back to 110 or decide that I absolutely NEED Titanium spacers. (my wife would kill me. "Oh honey, remember the way I just extended the travel of my fork, well I just bought some waaaayyyy cooler spacers for the same thing...) he he

Raindog.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Can I change the travel on my DJ3?

It's the 2005 OEM version... I would like to go to around... 120mm on my Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc, get an extra firm spring kit since I weigh 190 so I don't have to run the max of 15psi on my preload. Then I can get some bump compliance.

Good excuse to rebuild my fork.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
standard235 said:
Can I change the travel on my DJ3?

It's the 2005 OEM version... I would like to go to around... 120mm on my Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc, get an extra firm spring kit since I weigh 190 so I don't have to run the max of 15psi on my preload. Then I can get some bump compliance.

Good excuse to rebuild my fork.
If your only going to lower your fork from 150mm to 120mm?
this can be done with the extended negtive spring Marzocchi sells aftermarket .
Then at that point the stock spring will have more preload and should be what your looking for .

My kits are for the Z-1 fr 3 and the new 66vf2 , the Z-1 kit will change your fork from 150mm to either 100mm , 80mm or 65mm
The 66vf2 is avalilible in 170mm to 90mm

·
Registered
484 Posts
There is a kit for that? I just chopped the travel myself on my 03 DJ II. It wasn't that hard, but I did have to cut the spring (not easy). I wouldn't recomend this procedure if there is a kit that does it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts