1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
-arschloch-
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing around the Marzocchi website and came across this:

www.marzocchi.com said:
ATTENTION FREE RIDERS, EXTREME FREE RIDERS, DIRT JUMPERS AND URBAN RIDERS

If you have misused or abused your forks, or if you have landed improperly in the past, Marzocchi will upgrade:
- Z3, Z3.5 or Z5 forks (30mm MY 2001-2002) to new model year 2003 DJI or DJIII forks
- Z1 30mm (MY 2001-2002) to new model year 2003 Z1 FR 32mm at a discounted price, regardless of whether your forks show any signs of fatigue, damage, impacts, cracking, creaking, leaking, etc.
I found it here at the bottom of the page:

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/detailSPATecharea.asp?IDFolder=164&LN=UK&Sito=mtb&IDOggetto=2801

So, has anyone done this? What was the price? I have an old pair of 2001 Z1 drop-offs that could prolly qualify as having 'seen better days.'

Let's hear the expert opinions... ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
chuffer said:
I was just browsing around the Marzocchi website and came across this:

I found it here at the bottom of the page:

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/detailSPATecharea.asp?IDFolder=164&LN=UK&Sito=mtb&IDOggetto=2801

So, has anyone done this? What was the price? I have an old pair of 2001 Z1 drop-offs that could prolly qualify as having 'seen better days.'

Let's hear the expert opinions... ;)
Basically you can take your old fork to your LBS or call us directly. You will then send us your old fork and we give you a reduced price on a new fork. The forks offered will be a similar model to what you have. IE no 888 for your old Z5... But you could upgrade to a DJ, Drop Off, or Z1 Freeride...

Brian

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Brian Peterson said:
Basically you can take your old fork to your LBS or call us directly. You will then send us your old fork and we give you a reduced price on a new fork. The forks offered will be a similar model to what you have. IE no 888 for your old Z5... But you could upgrade to a DJ, Drop Off, or Z1 Freeride...

Brian
i sent in my fork to get repaired or waranteed on thursday... would it be possible to instead of get the DJ back pay some cash and get a Z1 or something?

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Brian Peterson said:
You would have to deal with the warranty department on that....

Brian
oo ok, cuz i just left my bike at the shp and they where takin care of it... i dont have any of these RA numbers or anything lol

·
Pro Crastinator
11,952 Posts
Brian Peterson said:
Have you shop inquire with the tech department about the upgrade program... They will be able to get it going...

Brian
i'd still get the RA#, if possible, and handle the situation personally, i've seen too many bike shops add on fees after the fork is received so they can make a quick buck or two at us riders expense....

·
Registered
557 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
i'd still get the RA#, if possible, and handle the situation personally, i've seen too many bike shops add on fees after the fork is received so they can make a quick buck or two at us riders expense....
I would avoid calling in... If you went through a shop, continue to do so. So often orders end up getting screwed up because two or three people start calling on the same fork and the tech guys will just set it aside untill everything can get straightened out.

Brian

·
Pro Crastinator
11,952 Posts
Brian Peterson said:
I would avoid calling in... If you went through a shop, continue to do so. So often orders end up getting screwed up because two or three people start calling on the same fork and the tech guys will just set it aside untill everything can get straightened out.

Brian
(to original poster) oh well....

just rember what i said for future reference.......

·
-arschloch-
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks

mille grazie to Brian Peterson, .wch. & Co.

I will talk to my boys at the LBS this weekend. Since they are very suspension savvy I'll let them deal with Marz.

Maybe it'll be the last big trip for the old Z1s since we are all going to the Winterberg bike park together on Sunday...along with the rest of western europe, i fear. :(

hey, i just thought of something silly....that little blurb i mentioned it DOES apply in Europe as well, RIGHT????

·
Registered
557 Posts
chuffer said:
mille grazie to Brian Peterson, .wch. & Co.

I will talk to my boys at the LBS this weekend. Since they are very suspension savvy I'll let them deal with Marz.

Maybe it'll be the last big trip for the old Z1s since we are all going to the Winterberg bike park together on Sunday...along with the rest of western europe, i fear. :(

hey, i just thought of something silly....that little blurb i mentioned it DOES apply in Europe as well, RIGHT????
I do not know... I would have your shop call the distributor for your country for more details.

Brian

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.