Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
mtbr "member"
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long are bushing supposed to last in the newer marzocchis? I have a Z1 FR that's about a year old and there's alot of slop developing in the bushings. Only ride about 2 times a week and change the oil on a regular basis. I just remember that my older Z1's went for years without much issues. I do know the newer style Z1's have smaller/shorter bushings. Is this a common thing? I might get my old Z1 out again if it is as I don't want to be sending my fork in for service every year.

Any in put appreciated.

REEK

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Reek said:
How long are bushing supposed to last in the newer marzocchis? I have a Z1 FR that's about a year old and there's alot of slop developing in the bushings. Only ride about 2 times a week and change the oil on a regular basis. I just remember that my older Z1's went for years without much issues. I do know the newer style Z1's have smaller/shorter bushings. Is this a common thing? I might get my old Z1 out again if it is as I don't want to be sending my fork in for service every year.

Any in put appreciated.

REEK
Longer than 1 year. I have a 2003 Z1FR and there is no slop after 2 years of riding. I do use LS shock boots and that may have an effect, but I know other riders that don't use them and they have no issues.

·
mtbr "member"
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe I just got a bad one.

Blue Shorts said:
Longer than 1 year. I have a 2003 Z1FR and there is no slop after 2 years of riding. I do use LS shock boots and that may have an effect, but I know other riders that don't use them and they have no issues.
I guess I'll try replacing the bushings and give it another run. Thanks

REEK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.