Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the thing is I'm 18 and buy all of my own equipment. I'm in school and while my pay is nice right now, next year i am taking a big pay cut. going from 900 a month to 150 a month. Luckily all my food, schooling, and housing is paid for. but Unfortunately I need to save money anywhere i can.

·
I am a pathetic rider...
644 Posts
The point is that you won't be saving any money by getting new lowers. unless your fork is upwards of 1000(fox, DH forks, etc) then new lowers will cost just as much if not more as a whole new fork. check out jenson usa, they have a bunch of forks going for around 300 right now, and halfway decent ones at that.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
depends on the fork. marz just quoted me 320 something for a new lower assembly for my 2006 66. that's lowers, seals, and bushings.

also said they could just do crash replacement. they take your fork, and give you a brand new one for a good deal

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I love the way the internet works...

Person has a question????? Instead of searching for it with a search tool, they ask a forum. What do they get? Someone else searching for it.... in this case Googled most likely.

Called the round about way... or hired help (except no one is compensated).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
actually, I had done searches, quite a few actually. I knew about cambria offering parts but i was wondering if anyone else knew another location. Also, some people just help others out just to help out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.