Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 999 Posts

·
The White Jeff W
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOC14: 2015 Marzocchi Early Looks ? 650B Carbon Forks, Espresso Coatings, Enduro Shocks & More!

Introduced as their enduro oriented fork, the 350 CR offers a 35mm stanchion chassis that tips the scale at just 4.2 pounds. The 650b fork is offered in tapered steerer only with a hollow forged crown, and a new arch that is wider and flatter for improved stiffness from the lowers. The arch also tapers to a point on the front of the lowers to improve the lateral rigidity while a 15mm QR holds it together.

Inside the 350 CR uses an air spring with travel set at 160mm but internally adjustable to 140 or 150mm. Damping is controlled through Marzocchi’s Dynamic Bleed cartridge which is a sealed damping system to ensure all the air can be removed from the oil before use. The CR offers adjustable compression and rebound, and the GRC coated stanchions. Retailing for $769, the fork will be available in the US in two weeks.

soc14-2015-Marzocchi-350-CR-crown-650b-fork1.jpg

Aimed at the cross country market, the 320 LCR Carbon carves out a new lightweight option with the new stanchion and seals as the rest of the line up. To be offered in 27.5 and 29″ forks, the 320 will eventually be sold in LCR, CR, and R versions with a one piece carbon monocoque steerer/crown assembly and redesigned lowers. To shave as much weight as possible, the lowers are carved out any place they can without sacrificing stiffness. LCR forks will also have a new one piece seal system to reduce weight which is expected to be around 1450g for the 29er, and 1425g for the 27.5 fork. Price is TBD with an expected delivery in January.

soc14-2015-Marzocchi-350-NCR-650b-fork1.jpg

·
Registered
362 Posts
Id have been keen on that 650b enduro fork

but when my new bike turned up last year I sold my excellent RC3 Tis as they were 26 only and bought a Pike

theyve really missed the boat

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah, we are late to the party for sure but we are bringing some tried and true products. The Italians like to do their own thing and take their time to get it right. We will have the 350 CR shipping in the US as of next week. our first run we had in sold out in 2 weeks. the Espresso coated forks will be out by Interbike but some of the rear shocks are showing up now

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
If they are a similar ride to the 55CR then they'll be on my shopping list.
Also looking at a 29er 120 CR. Be better than what's out there in that segment of the market.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Espresso coatings? Really…had to be different…?

So many different colors of stanchions coming out and making a bike look "pieced together" instead of matching hardware if different mfg.'s products are used.

Espresso fork stanchions (bronzish)…..Kashima rear shock(dark gold) and your standard stanchion color for your dropper post(nickel color)

UGH!!!!! None of them will match…..?:nono:

·
Registered
293 Posts
If they are a similar ride to the 55CR then they'll be on my shopping list.
Also looking at a 29er 120 CR. Be better than what's out there in that segment of the market.
The 350 CR is lighter than the 55 series by quite a lot. new lowers and crown for it. the actual ride quality is similar to the 55CR (the 350 CR uses an almost identical cartridge).

The 320 series forks are pretty rad also, I can't wait to get one myself for my Turner Czar. They come stock at 100mm but we do the travel adjustment bump to 120 or down to 80mm here in house when it is ordered by the shop. I personally am not a user of longer travel 29r, stuff. as the travel goes longer, I go smaller with the wheels but that is just my personal preference.

·
Registered
293 Posts
LOL! yeah.. pretty much. There is a reason for the color, it isn't just cosmetic, the coating color comes from the silicone-molybdenum process, we did tweak it a little with the coloring but it is a naturally dark finish. For 2015 we are only offering 2 colors: the high-end stuff will all be Espresso (including the dropper post which is in development now) and the mid range will all be a more neutral stanchion color. DJ forks will all be Cromo-steel stanchions.

but yes.. the look of mis-matched parts doesn't look right, one reason for the standardization of colors for us for 2015. Cohesiveness

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for the updates. I got an early run Diamondback Mission 2 and the stock Fox Forks are horrid. I will definitely be upgrading. Leaning towards the Manitou Mattoc, but patiently waiting.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Awesome!! Thanks guys! I'm stoked to be back here working for a company I love. I worked here in 02, 03 but left for a while do my own thing but I'm happy to be back. Hopefully I can help make a difference.

Cheers!

David

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've surfed the web but did not find what I was looking for. Seeing how Marz USA is active in this thread I was hoping for a reply.

Any stock of internal parts for 350 fork
Will tech manuals be provided on tear down and maintenance
Will shims be available to adjust HSC to customer

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've surfed the web but did not find what I was looking for. Seeing how Marz USA is active in this thread I was hoping for a reply.

Any stock of internal parts for 350 fork
Will tech manuals be provided on tear down and maintenance
Will shims be available to adjust HSC to customer

Thanks

We will have all of the internals including shims and manuals just after the forks are launched this September for sure. Our tech guys will always be available also to help with anything.

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
I didnt like the fox 34 (2013), a bit ambivalent about the lack of small bump compliance of my Xfusion sweep (but like the control). So far nothing has touched the 55 RC3Ti for me. (Havent ridden the 55CR though). So if the new Zoke rides anything like the RC3Ti, Im on it!
Also interested in that dropper post thing! (boy, reaaaalllly late!)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I didnt like the fox 34 (2013), a bit ambivalent about the lack of small bump compliance of my Xfusion sweep (but like the control). So far nothing has touched the 55 RC3Ti for me. (Havent ridden the 55CR though). So if the new Zoke rides anything like the RC3Ti, Im on it!
Also interested in that dropper post thing! (boy, reaaaalllly late!)

Nice to hear! The NCR model will for sure have that small bump sensitivity. the CR models have it too but not to the same extent as the C2R2 models by nature of the complex shimmed cartridges.

The post is in the works now and yes, very late :-/

1 - 20 of 999 Posts