Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I have quite a problem with my 05 AM 1 fork.It was making noises at the begining of the travel ever since In bought it but in the first few months wasn't so bad. Lately the fork sounded almost like a mashine gun in downhill. I sent it to the waranty, they said the TAS cartrige was blown. When I got the fork back, no noises anymore but only 130 mm of travel (5.1) . Being totaly unhappy with that I sent it back, and they sent to me with no modification... I know that the fork was using more then 150mm (6'), so I sent it back, and now they try to convince me that it should only use 130mm ...
I don't believe this !
Can you guys tell me how much travel do you get from your AM1?? when you jump on it without any ( or with little) air in! :confused:
Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
travel on am1

danbkro said:
Hey everybody, I have quite a problem with my 05 AM 1 fork.It was making noises at the begining of the travel ever since In bought it but in the first few months wasn't so bad. Lately the fork sounded almost like a mashine gun in downhill. I sent it to the waranty, they said the TAS cartrige was blown. When I got the fork back, no noises anymore but only 130 mm of travel (5.1) . Being totaly unhappy with that I sent it back, and they sent to me with no modification... I know that the fork was using more then 150mm (6'), so I sent it back, and now they try to convince me that it should only use 130mm ...
I don't believe this !
Can you guys tell me how much travel do you get from your AM1?? when you jump on it without any ( or with little) air in! :confused:
Thanks
I bought the fork recently and it is a 5" travel or 130mm fork. It is AWESOME!

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
depending on air preload

I run both of AM1's about 18-20 psi max and at the end of a hard ride, the zip tie is usually sitting right next to steer crown. So.... I'd say they are giving me all they got :thumbsup: Oh BTW travel also depends on where you are running the TST. Too much compression dampening will greatly affect your travel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, it ain't that, no matter what, the fork won't go in more then 130 mm.
The official marzocchi dealer, says it's normal, I go crazy couse I know it's not true, I think he put the wrong TAS in ( from a 130mm fork maybe??) :confused:
How much active Travel do you have on your AM 1 05??
Thanks, Dan

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
try this...

danbkro said:
Hi, it ain't that, no matter what, the fork won't go in more then 130 mm.
The official marzocchi dealer, says it's normal, I go crazy couse I know it's not true, I think he put the wrong TAS in ( from a 130mm fork maybe??) :confused:
How much active Travel do you have on your AM 1 05??
Thanks, Dan
Remove all of the air out of the fork. Make sure your TST knob on the bottom of the fork is "clicked" to max + length. If you then can't get it to compress more than 130mm, then yep you've got a problem with the possibility of a wrong cartridge. Both of my 130-150mm AM1 forks are getting very close to 150mm of travel. good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.