Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
tommyrod74 said:
Clicky for linky.

https://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1622

Talk amongst yourselves, let the e-speculation fest begin!
..DUDE! It's MBA...don't give their site free hits...steal their bandwidth. :p

MBA said:
Tom Rogers, Marzocchi's top gun suspension guy, has been testing prototype air shocks. The version we tried was a piggyback-type for all mountain and big hit bikes. Tom was already stoked on its smooth performance. The reservoir had a three-way pedal-platform adjustment, which was very effective. The full-hard platform setting has a blow-off feature that makes it (as Tom explains) perfect for big drop landings too, because of the additional compression damping available in that mode.

The shaft/body is aluminum with a hard nickel plating that is more slippery and less inclined to stress-cracking than more common hard-anodized types. Marzocchi's shock program has relied upon heavy coil/over springs. The new air-sprung platform will complete their lineup. The piggyback version will be targeted at long-travel suspension, and a shorter-stroke, lighter weight model with an in-line reservoir is also in the works for cross-country trailbikes. Look for a full test when the first production shocks are available this coming summer.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
rp3?

Sounds like it works more like an RP3 than SPV.I don't see a 2nd air valve.

3 stage platform via a knob.(i think that's what they meant)

Good news to me,no extra air and Zoki smooth action!

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Renegade said:
That thing isn't going to win any awards for beauty.
I'll bet that's only the prototype look. After all has there ever been an ugly Zoke? (*cough* AM1 *Cough*)

Seriously though, Zoke seems to put a prioity on looks...I know their fenders seem to put form ahead of function:rolleyes: .

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Whatever the case, the thing will most likely blow doors on the DHXair. No "stuck down", and hopfully more progressive, with better mid stroke compression damping. Isn't speculation fun!

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
Speculation:
Wondering if it's feasible to make a low pressure/high volume rear shock now that we have platform damping.
it would have to be big. real big. at least compared to our current shocks.

I think struts are the way of the future, i know it's already been tried, but seriously, eliminates the shock link and assorted pivots.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.