Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a marzocchi mx comp w eta. The marzocchi web site says
it has external air preload w/o adapter. Does this mean i will have to buy a separate adaptor to add air to the fork, and will my air pump for my manitou fork work?
Thanks guys

·
carpe mañana
7,297 Posts
sloepoke said:
I am thinking of purchasing a marzocchi mx comp w eta. The marzocchi web site says
it has external air preload w/o adapter. Does this mean i will have to buy a separate adaptor to add air to the fork, and will my air pump for my manitou fork work?
Thanks guys
That means that the fork has a standard shreader valve on the air preload. Marzocchi requires special adapters for their Marathon, Z and AM series forks, and others, whereas the MX will accept your standard shock pump without special adapters.

_MK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

MK_ said:
That means that the fork has a standard shreader valve on the air preload. Marzocchi requires special adapters for their Marathon, Z and AM series forks, and others, whereas the MX will accept your standard shock pump without special adapters.

_MK
thanks for the info

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
I have a brand new one....

laying around. Give me $5 for it and you can have it.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Check your PM

DIRT BOY said:
laying around. Give me $5 for it and you can have it.
I'd be interested in taking you up on that offer if the OP doesn't need it (and it would appear they don't).

Bob

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
MK_ said:
I have the adaptor for my 2002 Marathon S, but am curious as to whether the SID and Marathon adaptors are the same.

My pump crapped out (loses 100% of pressure on unscrew) and I was looking at a Buzzy's Pollinator pump, which comes with an SID adaptor that looks just like a shorter version of my Marathon adaptor. I'd like a spare adaptor if there are indeed compatible...

·
Registered
666 Posts
When I bought my '04 Z1 FR it came with an adapter. I'm guessing that Marz includes one when you buy the fork aftermarket (unless the LBS takes it out of the box, sticks a price tag on it, and then sells it for a little more profit).

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
WaveDude said:
When I bought my '04 Z1 FR it came with an adapter. I'm guessing that Marz includes one when you buy the fork aftermarket (unless the LBS takes it out of the box, sticks a price tag on it, and then sells it for a little more profit).
Thanks, but I have an adaptor. The question is whether the SID and Marz adaptors are the same...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts