Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need one of these for my 2008 Marzocci 888 RC3 fork with only 2 bolt holes in the upper crown for a direct mount stem OR any other "2 bolt" direct mount of similar design. I understand that CroMag, NukeProof, and Kore, among others produced stems for these back in the day. I'm hoping someone has a used one laying around somewhere. Doesn't have to be mint, just functional.
Or if you have or know where I could pick up a cheap 2012 or later, (38mm stanchions with four mounting bolt holes), crown, please let me know. Perhaps from an otherwise broken fork.

prod79329_IMGSET.jpeg prod59067_IMGSET.jpeg 88_web_m.jpg
p3pb16448786.jpg p3pb16448791 (1).jpg p3pb16448793.jpg

I know I could get a one piece Hope top crown/stem combo or an aftermarket top crown with the four bolt holes, but this is for a build on a super tight budget so those options are out.

I guess worst case scenario, I could drill and tap two extra holes in the crown I have. I just have to believe there's some kicking around out there

Please let me know if you have anything.

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I actually was able to retrofit my 888 with a later model crown with the more standard 4 bolt direct mount configuration so I no longer need one. Thank you for the generous offer, though!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Fwiw, I have one of those 2 bolt stems laying around if someone else can use it. Let me know. Ttyl, Fahn

·
Registered
4 Posts
2 bolt stem.

Fwiw, I have one of those 2 bolt stems laying around if someone else can use it. Let me know. Ttyl, Fahn
Hi I am in Australia and need one of these. How do people feel about posting one? I would pay postage and whatever the stem is worth.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Super keen. How do I go about giving you address details and money for postage?
I'll give you first dibs. Let me package it and see how much it would cost to ship it to Australia. PM me your address so I can get a price for you.

If Wilto70 doesn't want to go through with it, then Yoshii will be getting it. Yoshii, are you around Philly?

Ttyl, Fahn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Lelandjt I think I may be late but I came across your conversation and I was wondering if you still have on hand and ready to sell this Marzocchi 888 stem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Even later to the party than the guy above... but in desperate need of a 2 bolt stem something like the funn Mk 2 cnc for a bomber 888 Dh fork. Has anyone got anything ??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts