Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specialized lists 170mm as the max for their warranty coverage on my enduro. I can't help but think that the marzocchi 66 at 180mm would be a sick fork for this bike. If I keep the rear shock in the high position, wouldn't this be just like changing the rear shock to the slack position? What do you guys think about this? 10mm is less than half an inch for cryin out loud.

·
I dig trails!
5,541 Posts
tonloc08 said:
Specialized lists 170mm as the max for their warranty coverage on my enduro. I can't help but think that the marzocchi 66 at 180mm would be a sick fork for this bike. If I keep the rear shock in the high position, wouldn't this be just like changing the rear shock to the slack position? What do you guys think about this? 10mm is less than half an inch for cryin out loud.
See here for endless info... lol.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=378644

I'm running a 8.5x2.5 rear shock in the slack position, with a 55 160 mm fork. The HA is 66.5 degrees...! (my BB is also 13.25" with 2.5 tires :thumbsup: = good times)

P

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mr.P said:
I am running a 5th Element 6 way coil which I am liking. But the Marzocchi TST coil is looking very sexy!

P
No kidding! That is a sick shock. Marzocchi rocks. I like the thought process with the 8.5x2.5 and the 55 in the front to get that slack angle and the low BB. Your bike sounds like a freakin rocket!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Look for an '06 "Made in Italy" 170mm 66 RC2X or 66 Light ETA.

I am running in the 66 Light ETA on my Banshee Chaparral and absolutely love it, it can climb the gnar like an XC bike with the ETA engaged and can bomb with the best of the freeride crowd with the flip of the switch on the way down.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
flyag1 said:
Marzocchi 66 RC3 on my 2007 Enduro
And the roco in the back! Sickness. Is that the 8.75x2.75 or the 8.5x2.5? Those are two of the dopest enduro's I've seen. You've set the bar high fellas, but at least I have an idea of which direction I want to go with this thing!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Tanlcoc08 wrote: "Is that the 8.75x2.75 or the 8.5x2.5"?

Tonloc08, yes that is the 8.75 x 2.75 and it's tight! I was running a Fox Van RC (8.75 x 2.75) until I blew it up a couple weeks back:mad: So I was kinda forced to invest, so far I have no regrets as the shock is much plussssher than the FOX it replaced. Hopefully it holds up well.... sure makes the bike look sexxxxxy!!!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
flyag1 said:
Tanlcoc08 wrote: "Is that the 8.75x2.75 or the 8.5x2.5"?

Tonloc08, yes that is the 8.75 x 2.75 and it's tight! I was running a Fox Van RC (8.75 x 2.75) until I blew it up a couple weeks back:mad: So I was kinda forced to invest, so far I have no regrets as the shock is much plussssher than the FOX it replaced. Hopefully it holds up well.... sure makes the bike look sexxxxxy!!!!!!
Just got my bike today. Strongly considering putting the roco on it. I don't like how I kinda blow through travel. I'm pretty sure I want a coil up front too! Gotta come up w/ some dough on the med school budget! I'll post some pics once I trick it out a bit!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.