Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running this ? I understand these are fairly new ( or are they)
So probably not many users out there yet. Searching didn't yield anything.

·
Ow!
775 Posts
Is the 2014 different than the earlier years? I doubt it, so you might check postings for previous years.

I ride/ridden a number of Marzocchis, including 44/55/66 Micro Ti's, RC3's, and a 55 Micro STA (not 2014). All ride great, including the STA. Stiff, durable, and easy to maintain.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is the travel adjust important to you? I've heard about previous micro STA having long term durability issues. At being said all the reviews for the 2013 were good. If the travel adjust isn't important to you I would get the CR or the R model.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I too can recommend the CR as I ride one. The sta get good reviews for initial use but there have been problems with bushing play on earlier models.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the 44 RLO and it's great I forget the difference between the product lines but I would imagine quality would be comparable.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have the 2013 STA 55. Very good air spring. I had to send it back for warranty when the top out spring broke, but all has been good since. Very smooth for an air fork. If I were to do it all over, I would consider the CR. I don't use travel adjust or lockout. I bought the STA for the chrome stanchions and tapered steer tube which were not offered on the CR model. I would have liked to try them back to back, but no one in my area has demo's available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts