Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
small member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a fair share of mad scientists and tinkerers out there, so I wonder if that has been tried : a marzocchi Shiver single crown (inverted) fork fitted with a 29" Wheel? Some versions went up to 120mm travel and were plush; so even if you had to reduce travel it would still be 90-100mm, I think?

your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
It's going to be heavy and suck azz just like it does with a 26" wheel. Chris at Speedgoat did it a while back. The idea is right, but it fails in execution. Great damper, terrible chassis flex in every plane. If you have one and want to tinker, go for it. You'd be better off with a 100mm Reba.

wedge said:
I know there is a fair share of mad scientists and tinkerers out there, so I wonder if that has been tried : a marzocchi Shiver single crown (inverted) fork fitted with a 29" Wheel? Some versions went up to 120mm travel and were plush; so even if you had to reduce travel it would still be 90-100mm, I think?

your thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.